Congratulations to all of the South Barwon athletes and parents who received recognition and awards at the GLAC Presentation Day on Sunday 24th March 2019.
Certificates of Appreciation:
– Rohan Whelan – GLAC Timing
– Wayne Peters – GLAC Announcer & MC
Relay Coaches and Team Managers:
– Peter Walsh – U10B Coach
– Wendy Dean – U14G Team Manager
– Janette Brown – U15G Team Manager
PB Age Group Champions:
– Indiana O’Neill – 3rd U9G
– Emilia Pantano – 2nd U11G
– Bethany Dean – 1st U15G
– Charlotte Benson – 2nd U16G
Age Group Champions:
– Davey Gibbs – 2nd U8B
– Isabel Knuckey – 3rd U8G
– Indiana O’Neill – 3rd U9G
– Lily Sherman – 1st U9G
– Lily Trotter – 3rd U12G
– Pippa Dean – 3rd U14G
– Bethany Dean – 2nd U15G
– Harrison Whelan
– Davey Gibbs U8B – Betty Chesterman Award – Best Middle Distance Runner Junior Little Athlete (U8-11)
– Lily Sherman U9G – Craig Rickard Award – Best Jumper Junior Little Athlete (U8-11)
– Hugh Knuckey U11B – Joy Forrest Award – Best Sprinter Junior Little Athlete (U8-11)
– Isabel Knuckey U8G 700m 2:49.89s (9/3/2019)
– Lily Sherman U9G High Jump (Scissor) 1.15m (9/3/2019)
– Davey Gibbs U8B 700m 2:34.86s (1/12/2018)
– Lily Sherman U8G High Jump (Scissor) 1.05m (24/2/2018)
– Ashlee Meade U15G
GLAC Life Membership:
– Jonathan Burns
Go Team SBLAC!!!
A new gallery of images from the GLAC Championship Day on Saturday 9th March 2019 has been added.
Just a quick reminder that the GLAC Steigen Track and Field Championship Day will be on Saturday 9th March (8.00am – 5.00pm).
Athletes may enter a maximum of 5 events on the day consisting of:
3 track & 2 field
2 track & 3 field
All track events will be timed finals with medals awarded to the fastest 3 athletes overall for each age group.
Athletes must have participated in at least two (2) normal Centre competition programs prior to Sun 3rd March which is the cut-off for Championship Day registrations.
Registrations are to be completed online using the Results HQ system. If you haven’t already done so, click on the link and register your athlete/s.
Put aside Sunday 31st March 2019 for the SBLAC Presentation Day.
This year we will be having lawn bowls for the kids from 4:00pm at Highton Bowling Club, followed by food, drinks and presentation of awards.
It should be a fun afternoon for all and we hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Just a quick reminder that, with the Regional Track & Field Carnival on this weekend, there will be no competition at Landy Field on Saturday 16th February.
The next GLAC event will be a Twilight meet on Saturday 23rd February running from 5:00pm – 9:00pm.
See you all there!
Good luck to all of the South Barwon athletes who are representing GLAC in this weekends Western Metro Region (WMR) T&F Carnival on the 16th/17th February.
This Friday (25th January) sees GLAC hold its annual Australia Day Eve Twilight event.
We will be running Program 3 and events will run from 5.00pm – 9.00pm with Fireworks at 9.30pm.
Make sure you get into the theme and dress up in your Australia Day colours – there will be prizes for “Best Dressed”.
NOTE: extreme weather conditions could affect this event.
South Barwon LAC training sessions will recommence on Thursday 31st January.
Dates for the remainder of the season are as below (please contact Pete Walsh if you have any queries):
- Thursday 31st January – 4.30-5.15
- Thursday 7th February – 4.30-5.15
- Thursday 14th February – 4.30-5.15
- Thursday 21st February – no training
- Thursday 28th February – 4.30-5.15
- Thursday 7th March – 4.30-5.15
- Thursday 14th March – 4.30-5.15
Hopefully everyone has recovered from the traditional Christmas/New Year festivities and is ready to get back in to the second half of the 2018/19 Little Athletics season.
This Saturday (12th January) sees us pick up on Program 1.
On behalf of the South Barwon LAC committee I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Please be safe and enjoy your holidays.
We hope that we see everyone back on Saturday 12th January for the start of the second half of the 2018/19 GLAC Track & Field season.
Wayne (SBLAC President)